Monday, December 12, 2011

Reason to celebrate...trying to think positively.

Another weigh in and I am happy to report that I am down 10.4 pounds in 4 weeks!  Woooo Hoooo... that is something to celebrate.  And because I reached this little milestone, I treated myself to a grande skinny vanilla latte at Starbucks yesterday (all for 130 calories).

Even though I am happy that I hit the first 10 pound mark (in just 4 weeks), I am reminded, when I walk by the mirror or put on my pants, that this 10 pounds is really nothing in the big scheme of things.  Really... 10 pounds and I have 100 to lose!  I know that this is the "negative" or "half glass empty" view, but it is difficult to be so positive about such a little accomplishment.  10 pounds... 10 whole pounds.

I started to have this conversation Saturday night with a friend.  I remarked to her that it is hard to stay focused at times when there is no change in my pants size.  I realistically know that my pants size will not change for about another 15-20 pounds, but this is one huge marker for me that the weight it coming off.  It also is a BIG reason to celebrate in my world.  During our conversation she said to me that 10 pounds was significant.  She said that to remind myself of what 10 pounds is, go to the store and pick up 10 pounds of meat.  This 10 pounds is weight that I won't have to carry with me any longer.  So yesterday, while grocery shopping, I did just that.  I picked up 10 pounds of ground meat and realized that 10 pounds is a BIG loss.  Not having those 10 pounds attached to my body is great in so many ways! 

So changing my outlook to one of a positive viewpoint is key to success, or so I believe in my mind it is.  I have been working hard at remaining positive in many situations in my life, and weight loss should be no exception.  I guess sometimes you need someone to point out the obvious so that you can move past the negative.  I have added a picture below... one that was shared with me and I use daily to refocus my negativeness towards a situation.  Just remember your attitude (whether negative or positive) will determine 2 things.... your outlook on a situation and your outcome from that situation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment